Chalmers Lectures 2019
A Future that’s Bigger than the Past: Chalmers Lectures 2019
Watch the lectures in the series:
Launched at St Martin-in-the-Fields in 2017, HeartEdge is a membership-based organisation, an ecumenical network of partners and a movement for renewal.
The name HeartEdge reflects the group’s purpose - for those working at the heart of commerce, culture and community, with those at the margins and on the edge.
Through joining the network, churches are supported in finding their stories, share resources and connect with others developing their church and community.
A Future that’s Bigger than the Past
The six Chalmers Lectures delivered by Dr Wells throughout the autumn at Greyfriars Kirk in Edinburgh were:
- For Such a Time as This: Locating the UK Church in a global and gospel story – Tuesday 17 September
- Investing in the Kingdom: Taking money beyond the benefactor and the steward – Wednesday 18 September
- Minding God’s Business: Realigning commerce and Church – Thursday 19 September
- Entertaining Angels Unawares: How God renews the Church through the stones that the builders reject – Tuesday 1 October
- Let All the People Praise Thee: How the Church may be part of a cultural renaissance – Wednesday 2 October
- On Earth as it is in Heaven: Towards a vision for the renewal of congregational life – Thursday 3 October
The final three lectures in the series were heard during the HeartEdge Annual Conference.
For those who were unable to attend in person, the lectures were recorded and can be watched again from this page.
For more information, please get in touch with Rev Jonathan Evens, HeartEdge organiser and Associate Vicar of St Martin-in-the-Fields, by email or by telephoning: 020 7766 1127.